This self study course provides applicants with a view of the principle areas of sales under the theme "Partnering to Create Value". It explores the factors influencing how buying decisions are made, including the impact of buying decisions on an organization. Applicants gain a working knowledge of practical sales and business vocabulary. In today's competitive market a "partnering style of selling" creates a competitive advantage for sales organizations that transcends to increased customer value. This course is ideally suited for those wishing to achieve high performance selling and prepare for the SMEI Certified Professional Salesperson exam.
Digital Textbook and Online Learning Access
At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently sit for the SCPS™ exam and:
- Understand relationship selling opportunities in the information economy
- Know the importance of discovering customer needs and configuring value-added product solutions to meet those needs
- Explain how the marketing concept has produced the new personal selling models and strategies used by high-performing salespeople
- Develop your own personal selling philosophy and a professional communication style
- Develop a product strategy that adds value
- Develop a customer strategy through understanding the buying process and buyer behavior
- Develop a sales presentation strategy using adaptive selling and consultive question techniques
- Negotiate buyer concerns
- Learn key concepts for the management of self and others
The online course is a state of the art interactive learning experience that will help you learn and begin to apply practical knowledge. Below is an example of the two phase learning approach.
What is Professional Certification?
A certification program is designed to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform a particular job, and, upon successfully passing a certification exam, to represent a declaration of a particular individual’s professional competence. In some professions, certification is a requirement for employment or practice.
Steps to Getting Certified:
- Apply online and pay the course application fee
- Use the online learning system to study the e-textbook, take quizzes and prepare for the certification exam
- Register for the exam and pay the exam fee ($150 or $125 for Professional & Executive Members)
- Sit for the online exam within 1 year of your application date (Convenient locations in most major cities worldwide or use our online proctor system and take the exam from your home or office using your computer and webcam). The exam is 180 multiple choice or true/false questions and is timed for 3 hours.
- Achieve a 75% or better grade on the exam
- Receive and proudly display your online digital certification badge from SMEI
Steps to Maintaining your Professional Certification:
- Apply for annual renewal within one year from your certification achieved date, and annually thereafter
- Pay the applicable renewal fee ($95 or $55 for Professional Members, no fee for Executive Members)
- Provide a list of your continuing education (minimum of 12 hours per year) which can be obtained via SMEI webinar or 3rd party programs such as workshops, conferences and seminars